Spaghetti Fish Supper
"This colorful blend of fish, vegetables and pasta is so satisfying," relates Charolette Westfall of Houston, Texas. "I've also substituted cooked chicken for the fish, and it's just as good."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 pound orange roughy, haddock or red snapper fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 8 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, parsley, salt, pepper and cumin. Cover and simmer for 2 minutes. Combine cornstarch and apple juice until smooth; gradually pour into the skillet. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the fish, tomato and broccoli. Cover and cook for 2 minutes or until fish easily flakes with a fork. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and toss with olives. Serve with fish mixture.