Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 4 cans (8 ounces each) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 3 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley or 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 9 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook and crumble beef and sausage with onion over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, pepperoni, sugar and herbs; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thickened, 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a 6-qt. stockpot, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and return to pot. Toss with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 354 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 512mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 7g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 31, 2012
Quick, easy recipe. My kids loved it!
Aug 12, 2011
This Recipe is great I made it for the family and they just loved it! I tweaked the Recipe a little bit, I ommitted the sausage and used 2x the parmesan to make it taste more like a cheese pizza. Overall Amazing!
Nov 21, 2010
I never thought of this, but it makes so much sense. Partner with a nice bread stick and you're set!
Jan 14, 2010
Very good. I drain the noodles and toss them with 2 whipped egg whites and put directly on a raised edged, greased pizza pan. I then spread the sauce and added my favorite toppings and cheese and then baked at 350 for 25 min. It looked like a pizza and it was easily cut into wedges. If you're in a hurry use a canned spagetti or pizza sauce.