Pizza Pepperoni Pasta
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 cups uncooked whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups garden-style spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, basil, oregano, Worcestershire sauce and pepper; set aside.
- Drain pasta. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Top with spaghetti sauce mixture and pepperoni. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 299 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 752mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Oct 23, 2016
We thought this was just ok, nothing special. If I try this again I'm going to put in more fresh vegetables and use more cheese. I needed another spice too... maybe the garlic powder the other reviewer suggested. I did like the addition of Worcestershire sauce. I'll be adding that in to other recipes now too. Overall, this was a fine meal, but I doubt I'd make this again.
Mar 3, 2014
My own spin meant the onion, diced tomatoes & Worcestershire were omitted & shredded cheddar stood in for mozzarella. Adding garlic powder could tweak it. Tastes great!
Sep 11, 2012
I've made this recipe a few times...The kids LOVE it! :)
May 10, 2011
Yummy! If you're using a 24 ounce jar of pasta sauce, just use the whole thing. No need to measure it out. Also, I topped with an 8 ounce package of shredded mozzarella cheese.~ Theresa
Nov 13, 2010
I substituted elbow macaroni, added 4 tsp of sugar to the sauce, and squeezed italian turkey sausage (brat style) out of its casing (in place of plain ground turkey). It's nice that the recipe makes a large amount, because we just can't get enough of it!
Sep 16, 2010
This is so good & so quick/easy. My picky husband loved it and has requested it several times since.
Aug 4, 2010
I also used spaghetti squash in here and stewed tomatoes. it is a keeper indeed!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.