Pizza Pepperoni Pasta
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 cups uncooked whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups garden-style spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, basil, oregano, Worcestershire sauce and pepper; set aside.
- Drain pasta. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Top with spaghetti sauce mixture and pepperoni. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 299 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 752mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 23, 2016
We thought this was just ok, nothing special. If I try this again I'm going to put in more fresh vegetables and use more cheese. I needed another spice too... maybe the garlic powder the other reviewer suggested. I did like the addition of Worcestershire sauce. I'll be adding that in to other recipes now too. Overall, this was a fine meal, but I doubt I'd make this again.
Mar 3, 2014
My own spin meant the onion, diced tomatoes & Worcestershire were omitted & shredded cheddar stood in for mozzarella. Adding garlic powder could tweak it. Tastes great!
Sep 11, 2012
I've made this recipe a few times...The kids LOVE it! :)
May 10, 2011
Yummy! If you're using a 24 ounce jar of pasta sauce, just use the whole thing. No need to measure it out. Also, I topped with an 8 ounce package of shredded mozzarella cheese.~ Theresa
Nov 13, 2010
I substituted elbow macaroni, added 4 tsp of sugar to the sauce, and squeezed italian turkey sausage (brat style) out of its casing (in place of plain ground turkey). It's nice that the recipe makes a large amount, because we just can't get enough of it!
Sep 16, 2010
This is so good & so quick/easy. My picky husband loved it and has requested it several times since.
Aug 4, 2010
I also used spaghetti squash in here and stewed tomatoes. it is a keeper indeed!