Church Supper Spaghetti
Total TimePrep: 50 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add tomatoes, water and chili powder. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add the corn, peas, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Stir in spaghetti.
- Layer half of the mixture in a greased 4-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese; repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 290 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 259mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein.
May 31, 2018
How can a recipe with 12 oz. of pasta feed 12 people?
Mar 8, 2018
This spaghetti is the best. A different way to eat spaghetti. The flavors are great. And I did add a little more cheese and a teaspoon of salt. Thanks so much for this recipe, I make it often.
May 7, 2016
This was a hit with family and friends. Will definitely make this again, and again, and...
Oct 17, 2015
I really liked this. A good change from regular spaghetti. Don't be skimpy on the cheese or the salt and pepper,
May 6, 2013
Have made this a couple of times now to take to mercy meals at church. Got rave reviews and an empty pan!
Jun 21, 2009
I've made this many times. To make it more creamy in texture, I substitute a can of Campbells cheddar cheese soup for 1 cup of the cheese. This is one of the few ways I can get my husband to eat peas! :)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.