Quick Italian Spaghetti
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Cooked spaghetti
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Bacon bits, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add olives; simmer 5 minutes longer. Spoon over spaghetti; sprinkle with cheese and bacon bits if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 158 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 738mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Mar 6, 2018
This is so good. It's a little different, but still delicious. I served garlic bread and a salad.
Nov 23, 2014
I found this spaghetti sauce recipe years ago and enjoyed making it for my 3 daughters! They loved it! Found it again today and will be making it tonight. Going to add some garlic and oregano with it.
Apr 24, 2013
I made the sauce and it was okay. Very basic and a bit unusual but I was missing my garlic. So then I went and changed it all together. I added fresh basil, fresh tarragon, garlic, and a little bit of red wine vinegar.
Jul 11, 2011
Very good and a bit different than the usual tomato sauces... I made this a while back and am looking forward to making it again tonight along with a recipe for linguine with spicy garlic oil that I found in another magazine...
Nov 20, 2010
Sep 12, 2010
I wanted to try a spaghetti sauce that was a bit different. I ran across this one that sounded good. Well, it was more than good; the black olives did the trick, I think. My husband says to make it again the next time we have spaghetti.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.