Quick Italian Spaghetti
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Cooked spaghetti
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Bacon bits, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add olives; simmer 5 minutes longer. Spoon over spaghetti; sprinkle with cheese and bacon bits if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 158 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 738mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 6, 2018
This is so good. It's a little different, but still delicious. I served garlic bread and a salad.
Nov 23, 2014
I found this spaghetti sauce recipe years ago and enjoyed making it for my 3 daughters! They loved it! Found it again today and will be making it tonight. Going to add some garlic and oregano with it.
Apr 24, 2013
I made the sauce and it was okay. Very basic and a bit unusual but I was missing my garlic. So then I went and changed it all together. I added fresh basil, fresh tarragon, garlic, and a little bit of red wine vinegar.
Jul 11, 2011
Very good and a bit different than the usual tomato sauces... I made this a while back and am looking forward to making it again tonight along with a recipe for linguine with spicy garlic oil that I found in another magazine...
Nov 20, 2010
Sep 12, 2010
I wanted to try a spaghetti sauce that was a bit different. I ran across this one that sounded good. Well, it was more than good; the black olives did the trick, I think. My husband says to make it again the next time we have spaghetti.