Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 2/3 cup salsa
- Preheat oven to 350°. Break spaghetti into thirds; cook according to package directions for al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes, 1 cup cheese and salsa. Drain spaghetti; add to beef mixture and toss to combine.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, covered, 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Freeze option: Cool unbaked casserole; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole, covered, 55-60 minutes or until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 439 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 927mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 31, 2019
This was a good mash up of spaghetti and tacos. I left out the beans due to a picky eater.
Jan 22, 2019
Yummy and easy casserole. I made exactly as stated. Next time I would only use the 1 cup of cheese on the top as I didn't notice the cheese in the sauce so why not save the extra calories?
Sep 28, 2018
This dish has become one of the new favorites in my family. Everyone loves it! The only change I made was to use more meat (my family is meat eaters). I now make 4x the recipe and freeze batches.
Apr 19, 2018
Made this as stated but using the TOH Homemade Taco Seasoning and it was a hit! My husband had 3 helpings and asked for it again tomorrow night. Definitely a keeper.
Apr 14, 2018
I'd made the recipe for Homemade Taco Mix and used 1/4 cup. I used 1-1/2 cups water. The beans: I used 15-oz. can white kidney beans as I did not have black beans and I used 14.5-oz. can Chili-Style diced tomatoes. I used 2 cups uncooked spaghetti. Thank you for this recipe! delowenstein, Volunteer Field Editor
Apr 11, 2018
We had this delicious dish tonight and declare it a five-star winner. What a great flavor. I did add about 1/4 cup chopped onion when sauteing the ground beef and used shredded sharp Cheddar cheese for added flavor. We were eating in less than an hour. This is one of the best casseroles I've had in a long time. I highly recommend it.Volunteer Field Editor
Dec 7, 2017
I love this new Twist on your classic spaghetti. My husband who doesn't even like spaghetti actually ate this! It had great flavor. If you'd like to add more of a spicy twist to it try adding some jalapenos or I can of Rotel.
Oct 12, 2017
I love the marriage of the spaghetti and taco. Delicious! A great make-ahead dish, too. The only change we made was replacing the meat and taco seasoning with our Big Batch Taco Meat Mixture. A keeper!
Jul 21, 2016
Easy to make and very filling. Quite tasty! I'll make this again!
Aug 30, 2015
Not bad, but not great. Pretty filling. I would give 3.5 stars if I could. I think making a few changes like adding some corn or maybe some tortilla chips for a crunch would maybe add something.