Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in black beans and tomatoes. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Place 2 tortillas in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Spread with half of the refried beans and half of the beef mixture; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortillas and cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 448 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 1152mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 25g protein.
Mar 31, 2020
Recipe was easy. Lasagna was amazing. I substitute brown rice in instead of the beans and it was still good. Will be making again.
Feb 23, 2020
Very good! I like corn tortillas and from past experiences I know flour tortillas get mushy, so I used corn. I also added sliced olives and used the onion a little...... it is a easy meal to make to Your taste, I will make this again
Dec 15, 2019
This dish has become a frequent dinner in my house hold. My kids and husband love it.
Dec 2, 2019
Since there's just my husband and I, what I love about this recipe is the ability to halve it. I prep the entire filling ingredients and either freeze it in two parts or use a half for that evening's meal. I've made it with both chicken and 90%/10% ground beef and the chicken is our favorite. We returned from visiting family for Thanksgiving and I plucked out the zip-lock bag of filling and it's in the oven right now, smelling so good. We dollop on some sour cream and the hubster likes hot sauce for extra zing. I have this recipe saved to my iPad home screen for quick reference. Great creation!!
Sep 4, 2019
Fallowed direction, then added my own twist. Easier to make own taco seasoning, then added pinch of brown sugar and about teaspoon ancho chili spice. Used ground turkey and "corn" tortillas. Flour tortillas end up as mosh for left overs. Thanks for other comments, made me realize it's a good go to recipe.
Jan 27, 2019
I've been making this for many years. My husband and I love it. Perfect as is. You can add toppings as you would to a taco. Delicious!
Jan 11, 2019
As written, this is just ok to m fairly good. But not 5 stars for my taste. It is Similar to mine except for a 9x13 pan I use Almost 2x the beef,
Jun 5, 2018
Awesome!! Outstanding!!! Chopped up some jalape?o and added to half since wife can't handle the heat. Plan to add nibblet corn next time to try something a little different. Definitely a new family favorite.
Apr 24, 2018
This recipe is so YUMMY and easy to make. Absolutely LOVED it!! Will make this many more times for sure.
Mar 15, 2018
Made this tonight and had a tastey dinner. I altered just a little by adding more hamburger (thus more seasoning. However I only had 1 pkt of taco seasoning so I used what I had on hand, 1 pkt fajita seasoning. It came out good. I also added crushed corn chips, sliced avacado, banana peppers, & cilantro. YUM! I finished it by adding fat free sour cream & shredded lettuce when served.