Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Tortilla chips or taco shells, shredded lettuce and salsa
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, chilies and garlic powder; cook until heated through.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, cumin and chili powder; spread over beef mixture. Top with tomato, olives and green pepper. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with tortilla chips or taco shells, lettuce and salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 359 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 598mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 23g protein.
Sep 29, 2014
I tried this recipe and it is fabulous! My family loved it and it was so easy. I used a little less refried beans and more ground beef.
Jun 30, 2013
This is my 10 yr. old daughters favorite. She has requested it for her birthday dinner this year. Super easy to make and tastes good too!
Jun 12, 2013
Thought it was delicious and easy. Made it with ground turkey and loved it.
May 7, 2013
Fantastic! Easier than tacos! Everything is in one dish - so easy. I used ground turkey and it was delicious.
Dec 30, 2011
My family really enjoys this. We use it as a filling for taco shells or as a dip on tortilla chips. Quick and Easy!!!
Apr 12, 2011
My husband requested this and helped make it. A quick and easy meal. We topped it with the sour cream mixture but left the other ingredients on the side to "dress" our individual servings as desired. Served it with tortilla chips, salsa and lettuce.
Oct 13, 2010
So easy to make, husband has requested this be added to our regular menus. Also, turns out as colorful as the photo.
Dec 13, 2009
May 7, 2009
Re: Taco SkilletThis is delicious and so easySally Putnam
Oct 9, 2008
awesome cooking! to people on this website cook it and see what it tastes like its good