Salsa Chicken Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink; drain and set aside. Coat skillet with cooking spray. Saute the mushrooms, green pepper, onion, celery and corn for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add salsa and reserved chicken; heat through. Serve with rice. Top with cheese and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 355 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 649mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 7g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable.
Dec 29, 2011
Awesome! Easy! We used medium salsa and it was quite a kick! Instead of serving this on a bed of rice, we put it on tortillas and basically had chicken tacos, so that was kind of fun. We ate the rice on the side. I also was out of frozen corn, so I used frozen peas. I think any veggie would probably work. Maybe next time I'll make it with mild salsa cause it was really hot! But good!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.