Chicken with Mango Salsa
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped celery
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- For salsa, in a small bowl, combine the mango, tomato, cilantro, jalapeno, onion, celery, lime juice and zest. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Serve with salsa.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 285 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 384mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 1, 2013
Love, love, love this recipe. It's so easy and delicious to make and eat!
Jun 4, 2013
I made this recipe because I had mangos on hand. It turned out to be really good! I did leave out the celery since I don't really like it that much, plus I didn't feel like celery belongs in salsa. Also, I heated up the salsa in the microwave that way it was slightly warm with the chicken and not cold. My husband and I both enjoyed it (and he's pretty picky!).