Grilled Chicken with Salsa
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
Makes4 servings (3 cups salsa)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- TOMATO-PINEAPPLE SALSA:
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine salsa ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with salsa.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 185 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Aug 4, 2015
My whole family loved this chicken, although I changed the salsa to fruit only with pineapple, mango, and strawberry.
Jul 15, 2015
Very flavorful grilled chicken. It makes a lot of salsa which is easy to use up with tortilla chips.
Nov 5, 2014
May 28, 2013
Actually, I didn't even make the salsa, but it does look very good. The fresh pineapple makes it very appealing. But the chicken recipe -- that marinade is simply wonderful. I love that it uses ingredients I keep on hand and contains very little oil. This will be my go-to marinade from here on out. It added terrific flavor to the chicken.
Oct 14, 2012
Delicious! We omitted the cilantro & jalapeno since we don't care for either. Very fresh & tasty.~ Theresa
Aug 29, 2012
Simple, great tasting grilled chicken recipe. Will look at cutting the salsa by 1/2 next time. Had plenty leftover.
Aug 6, 2012
My family loved it. I'm making it again tomorrow for my "significant other". This could very well be a "well used" recipe.
Jul 31, 2012
My mom who is very much the meat-and-potatoes type is still, the next day, telling everyone how good it was, and my sister sat there at the table and finished off all the salsa. PS Mom is 97 and doesn't normally like what she refers to as fancy food.
Jul 27, 2012
This really is a very good Dinner, be it for Family or Friends. Easy to fix, family/friends can easily 'pitch in' and help with the 'fix-ins.' Pot Luck Dinner? Ohhh Sooo Yes.
Oct 24, 2009
This recipe was a huge hit!!!