Chicken with Mango-Cucumber Salsa
I put this dish together after looking for something quick and easy without too much indoor cooking. My husband prefers this moist grilled chicken a tad spicy. —Linda Tringali, Monroe Township, New Jersey
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes4 servings (4 cups salsa)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1 medium mango, peeled and diced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- For dressing, in a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Place cucumber, mango, tomato and onion in a large bowl; toss with dressing.
- Brush chicken with oil; sprinkle with seasonings. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Serve with salsa.
Health Tip: Add 3 cups cooked whole wheat couscous to the colorful salsa to turn it into a hearty side dish. Per serving: 413 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 547 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 42 g protein.