Smoky Grilled Corn Salsa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 plum tomatoes, halved
- 4 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 2 medium sweet yellow peppers, halved
- 2 medium green peppers, halved
- 3 jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Grill the tomatoes, corn, peppers and onion, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Allow vegetables to cool slightly. Remove corn from cobs; transfer to a large bowl. Chop the remaining vegetables and add to corn.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cilantro, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, sugar and pepper. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Serve warm or cold.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 40 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Jan 15, 2020
It takes just a few minutes to prep all the vegetables but then you can sit back and relax while they grill. A nice adult beverage, a good book, and about 15 minutes later, everything just needs a quick chop. I combined the remaining ingredients in a jar that had a screw on lid and just shook it to combine. I am not a fan of cilantro, so I used parsley instead. So good!