Grilled Corn on the Cob
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + soaking Grill: 25 min.
- 12 medium ears sweet corn
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak corn in cold water for 1 hour. Drain and pat dry.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, beat the butter and sugar; spread over corn.
- On a shallow plate, combine the cilantro, salt and pepper. Roll corn in mixture until lightly coated.
- Wrap each ear in heavy-duty foil. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until the corn is tender, turning occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 161 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Jun 1, 2014
This was very good. My husband is a huge fan of cilantro so he gobbled these up. He did turn the corn frequently to keep it from charring too much.
Aug 25, 2013
This is a great summer recipe. We left out the sugar because the corn is sweet enough for us without it. We added a little lime juice for extra flavor. The recipe is very easy and tasty. We will be making it again!
Jul 28, 2013
I omitted the sugar and cilantro in this recipe. It was very tasty. Make sure to turn the corn frequently and don't have the heat too high. I had char marks on the corn but it was too charred for my liking.Volunteer Field Editor
Jul 26, 2013
This recipe is just as good without the sugar. It was tender and flavorful. A squeeze of lime juice and sprinkle of Ancho chile powder after grilling tool me back to the elote stands of my home town.
Jan 7, 2013
This is one of our favorite recipes. We love it.