Fiesta Grilled Corn
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + soaking Grill: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 large ears sweet corn in husks
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco or fresh goat cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, cilantro, lime zest and garlic powder. Shape into a log; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottoms; remove silk. Place in a Dutch oven; cover with cold water. Soak for 20 minutes; drain. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chili powder and paprika. Spread over corn. Rewrap corn in husks and secure with kitchen string.
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning often. Serve with butter slices and sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 ear of corn with toppings: 426 calories, 33g fat (13g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 29, 2013
This is a really great way to enjoy fresh corn. You can even vary the flavors of the butter you use for spreading on the warm ears of corn: Try using ground aromatic spices, paprika or curry powder.