Fiesta Grilled Corn
We love Mexican food and corn on the cob. So I combined them into something fresh and spicy. For Italian flair, I make this corn with basil and oregano butter and Parmesan cheese.—MacKenzie Severson, Germantown, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + soaking Grill: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 large ears sweet corn in husks
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco or fresh goat cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, cilantro, lime zest and garlic powder. Shape into a log; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottoms; remove silk. Place in a Dutch oven; cover with cold water. Soak for 20 minutes; drain. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chili powder and paprika. Spread over corn. Rewrap corn in husks and secure with kitchen string.
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning often. Serve with butter slices and sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 ear of corn with toppings: 426 calories, 33g fat (13g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Fiesta Grilled Corn in Country Woman August/September 2011
Jun 29, 2013
This is a really great way to enjoy fresh corn. You can even vary the flavors of the butter you use for spreading on the warm ears of corn: Try using ground aromatic spices, paprika or curry powder.