My cheesy corn quesadillas take only minutes going from skillet to table. They make craveable leftovers for brown bag lunches, so pack the salsa, too. —Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack or pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Guacamole, optional
- Place the first six ingredients in a large bowl; toss to combine. To assemble, lightly brush the tops of two tortillas with 1/2 teaspoon oil; turn over. Top with cheese mixture and remaining tortillas. Brush tops with remaining oil.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. In two batches, cook quesadillas 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut each quesadilla into six wedges. If desired, serve with guacamole.
Nutrition Facts3 wedges (calculated without guacamole): 380 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 524mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Corn Quesadillas in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.