Grilled Sweet Corn
Since we have plenty of fresh sweet corn available in our area, we use this recipe often in summer. Parsley, chili powder and cumin accent the corn's just-picked flavor. —Connie Lou Hollister, Lake Odessa, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + soaking Grill: 25 min.
- 8 large ears sweet corn in husks
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Place corn in a stockpot; cover with cold water. Soak 20 minutes.
- Mix remaining ingredients. Drain corn; carefully peel back husks to within 1 in. of bottoms and remove silk. Spread corn with butter mixture; rewrap in husks and secure with kitchen string.
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat until tender, 25-30 minutes, turning often. To serve, cut string and peel back husks.
Nutrition Facts1 ear of corn: 201 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 345mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Sweet Corn in Quick Cooking July/August 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.