Spicy Creamed Corn
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients. Cook over medium heat until cream cheese is melted and mixture is blended, stirring often.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 162 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 471mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Jul 12, 2011
I have made this for years, but I use white show peg corn! Always a huge hit!
Jan 20, 2010
I usually don't eat corn except on the cob, but this is so good. This will be something special to serve to company, too.
Dec 8, 2008
I just made this dish to take topot luck Christmas dinner tonight. It looks pretty and festive and yummy. My only difference is that I will have to reheat in the oven before putting it in my insulated casserole holder. I will reheat 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees while I am getting ready. I will pack in carrier just 5 minutes after it comes out of the oven and it will still be warm at dinner. I 4X the recipe and put in a 9X13 casserole dish.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.