Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 6 cups frozen corn (about 30 ounces), thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and red pepper; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until heated through. Stir just before serving.
Nov 21, 2018
A new fave side dish for Thanksgiving! Creamy and delicious. Was nice to be able to prepare in slow cooker to free up stove and oven space for the big meal. I think this would be yummy with pot roast or ham, too.
Dec 30, 2016
Wonderful side dish!! Easy to put together, had an amazing taste and goes great with my pot roast. I will be making this dish a lot as it's now a must have in my family!!! Thank you for sharing this .