Creamed Corn with Peas
I created this recipe for Thanksgiving dinner last year. It's very much a comfort food. My family loved the blending of the sweetness of corn with the earthiness of wild mushrooms. —Tana Whitton, Las Vegas, Nevada
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 teaspoons thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Dash each salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet, saute the corn, mushrooms and onion in butter until mushrooms are tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Add the cream, salt and pepper; stir in peas and cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 430 calories, 32g fat (19g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 571mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
Nov 24, 2019
Adding this to my collection of recipes!
Apr 8, 2012
I multiplied and made this and for our family gathering at Easter. There wasn't any leftovers to bring home. Good stuff. I'll be making it again soon.