Makeover Creamed Corn
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 packages (10 ounces each) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first six ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Combine flour and milk until smooth. Stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 234 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 574mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Jul 22, 2014
Delicious! I cut the recipe in half and omitted the cheese.
Nov 25, 2012
WONDERFUL!!! very easy and quick....
Nov 29, 2011
Soooooo delicious! Just made for the second Thanksgiving and EVERYONE wanted more. Even my daughter, who doesn't "like creamy food" devoured hers and then ate some of mine.
Aug 1, 2011
I made this over the weekend. It was so simple and easy and my family loved it! I will be making it more often! Fantastic!
Dec 24, 2010
Tried this recipe 2 times and both times they were excellent. The second time I added chopped onion, green and red chopped pepper and that was an improvement too. This will remain one of our favorite recipes to make for gatherings.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.