Creamed Corn with Bacon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter for 3 minutes. Add corn; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until onion and corn are tender.
- Stir in the cream, broth, bacon and pepper. Cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in cheese and parsley.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 285 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 234mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Jan 8, 2018
This is good, but very rich. I didn't have any trouble with the dish being runny or liquidy. I think you just have to make sure you cook it down long enough, and don't get impatient. It's a special occasion dish, but a little rich for every day, at least for me.
Dec 26, 2017
THIS IS AN AMAZING RECIPE!! I chose to try something new today... on Christmas Day!! Crazy maybe, but it was the absolute BEST!! I am a mother of 4 and honestly I am a pickier eater than my kids.... this recipe was so creamy but not too thick. It was just the right amount of salty and sweet! If you like corn and bacon you must give this a try! You won’t be disappointed!! Merry Christmas!!! ??
Dec 16, 2017
This is really good! I use about 1/2 tsp of onion powder instead of fresh onions. And it has plenty of flavor even without the bacon.
Jan 13, 2016
I made 1/2 recipe for 4 of us. I used a combination of frozen and canned corn because that was all I had on hand. A definite keeper.
Dec 21, 2015
This is the best way to have corn, it's sooo yummy! My Family loves it!!
Jan 17, 2015
This is an awesome side dish!!!
Aug 25, 2014
I never would have thought to add bacon with corn, but we loved it!
Nov 28, 2013
Made this for Thanksgiving a few years ago and is requested again every year after.
Nov 16, 2013
Added a little cornstarch to thicken. Delicious.
Feb 24, 2013
I made this awhile ago and it is very good. Must make again soon!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.