Dilled Corn and Peas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen sugar snap peas
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place the peas, corn, red pepper and water in large saucepan; cover and cook over high heat for 2-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender; drain. Add the butter, dill, salt if desired and pepper; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 84 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 20mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Aug 14, 2012
My husband and I loved the seasonings on these vegetables. So simple and flavorful. Though he's not a big fan of peas so I substituted green peppers, and instead of boiling the veggies I steamed them in a bowl in the microwave. All in all a great recipe!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.