Corn and Green Bean Salad
I love the crunch of veggies, so I combined them with a buttermilk Caesar dressing in this corn and green bean salad. It's good served immediately, but it's even better after chilling for a few hours. —Arlene Erlbach, Morton Grove, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 medium ears sweet corn
- In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, buttermilk, 1/2 cup Parmesan, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add beans; cook, uncovered, just until crisp-tender, 2-3 minutes. Drain and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry; transfer to a serving bowl.
- Cut corn from cobs. In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add corn; cook and stir until tender, 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat and add to beans; refrigerate, covered, until chilled.
- Stir mayonnaise mixture into vegetables; toss to coat. If desired, sprinkle with additional Parmesan.