Corn Rice Medley
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil; add rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1- minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute the red pepper and green onion in oil until tender. Stir into rice. Add the corn. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 291 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 517mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Aug 28, 2017
Nice side dish.
Apr 3, 2013
I think part of a good recipe is being a decent-good cook and tasting the product before you serve it! I have made this recipe twice now and each time it gets better. I do add some fresh garlic and salt and pepper for seasoning and it's VERY good! A great side dish to have and the ingredients are definitely most staples that people already have in their pantry. It goes great with the apricot chicken!
May 22, 2012
Good and tasty, this simple rice makes a nice companion to a flashier main dish. We had it with chicken and it was very good.
Jan 23, 2012
No one in our family liked it. They all said it was quite bland and they kept adding hot sauce. They (all 6) told me not to bother making it again. Boring.
Jan 18, 2011
Very easy to made and delicious recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.