Green Bean Chicken Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makes2 casseroles (4-6 servings each)
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-3/4 cups frozen French-style green beans
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby cheese
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT (for each casserole):
- 2/3 cup French-fried onions
- Prepare wild rice according to package directions. Stir in the chicken, beans, soups, mushrooms, onion, green pepper and soup mix. Spoon into two greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover and sprinkle with French-fried onions; bake 5 minutes longer or until onions are golden. Freeze option: Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Completely thaw in the refrigerator. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until heated through. Uncover and sprinkle with French-fried onions; bake 5 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 364 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 1325mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
Nov 18, 2015
Wow was this amazing! If you love green bean casserole, you'll love this dish. My husband's only complaint was the green beans still stay a bit crunchy and he'd rather have them mushy, but I loved it!
Nov 18, 2014
Delicious! Great combination of flavors, a recipe I will definately use again. Also added sliced baby carrots to give a little more color. Also sauted the onions and peppers plus added a soup can full of water as it seemed a little thick. Was definately a hit in our family.
Mar 3, 2014
I cubed and seasoned my chicken and omitted the green pepper and onion, did more green beans though. I really liked it. The family was at odds all picked different things they didn't like about it! Figures!
Sep 24, 2013
Used cut green beans as I don't like how the french style can get mushy and also used cheddar friend onions instead of plain because I already had them. Overall turned out pretty good!
Aug 3, 2013
I went ahead and sautéed the onion and peppers the first time I made this. I think it turned out great! Plus it tastes just as good leftover.
Nov 12, 2012
Great rounded meal with meat and veggies, my kids love it! I make 1/2 and freeze the other 1/2 for a quick meal later!
Mar 12, 2012
This is one of my favorites! I've been making it (and sharing it) regularly since I clipped it from Quick Cooking Magazine in 2001. It's a keeper!
Nov 28, 2011
My husband and I thought this recipe was salty, but without a lot of flavor. It was okay, but I don't think I would make it again.
Nov 1, 2011
To me it tasted to salty and had an over powering onion taste.. I dont think i would make it again...
May 18, 2011
I slightly adjusted the recipe by using sauteed onion and green pepper, and my husband loved it. he liked it even more the second night when we were having it as leftovers - quote "mmm it's a keeper!"
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.