Lemon-Basil Roasted Potatoes
Two of my favorite ingredients, onion and garlic, make lemony herbed potatoes even more delicious. The versatile side dish will complement just about any main course.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 pounds small Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into eighths
- 8 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, toss potatoes with 2 tablespoons oil. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 22-28 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, whisk lemon juice, mustard, garlic, salt, pepper and remaining oil. Stir in onion and basil. Add roasted potatoes; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 209 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 272mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Originally published as Lemon Basil Potato Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.