Skillet-Roasted Lemon Chicken with Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 450°. Grease a 10-inch cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet with 1 teaspoon oil. Arrange lemon slices in a single layer in skillet.
- Combine 1 teaspoon oil, 2 minced garlic cloves, lemon peel, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; rub over chicken. Place over lemon.
- In a large bowl, combine rosemary and the remaining oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Add potatoes and tomatoes; toss to coat. Arrange over chicken. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and potatoes are tender. If desired, sprinkle with minced parsley before serving.
Nutrition Facts2 chicken thighs with 4 ounces potatoes and 2 tomatoes: 446 calories, 20g fat (5g saturated fat), 151mg cholesterol, 429mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 45g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 12, 2014
Apr 8, 2014
We really liked this, especially the lemon flavor.
Mar 3, 2013
Very good! I liked the pronounced lemon flavor with the rosemary! I used halved small red potatoes instead of fingerlings. I used a very coarsely chopped fresh tomato instead of cherry tomatoes. Use what you have! Mine took closer to an hour to finish the chicken. I sprayed olive oil with my Misto about half way through when all was looking a bit dry. Couldn't be easier! This is going to FB!
Jan 13, 2013
This was good, will use less lemon. I had to cook an extra 15 minutes longer (not covered) and this was probably because my cast iron skillet is huge. Very yummy and everyone liked. Their only comment was it was very lemony.
Aug 14, 2012
Ive made this recipe SEVERAL times and it is amazing! I omit the tomatoes because no one in my house eats them. It is definately a staple meal in my house now!
Mar 16, 2012
This is one of my favorite quick meals. I use chicken breasts instead of thighs. Putting the lemon slices underneath is a brilliant idea. The lemon gives it a lot of flavor along with the olive oil and garlic. I also use a cookie sheet instead of a cast iron skillet and it only needs to bake for 25 min, if you aren't careful you can burn the potatoes.
Jan 27, 2012
When I told my husband I was making lemon chicken his reply was that he hates lemon chicken and it was a waste of good chicken thighs. I told him it was different - he really liked it after he tried it. The chicken was moist and tender and the blend of garlic and lemon was awesome. It is a light alternative way to fix chicken.
Jan 19, 2012
I just made this last night for friends and it turned out great! I increased the amount of tomatoes used and the amount of oil (I didn't measure, I probably doubled the amount of oil used). I would use 1 pint of tomatoes and 2.5 tbs of oil. Very tasty! Will definitely make again!
Dec 31, 2011
This was ok, a little on the bland side. I used bone in chicken thighs and sliced regular potatoes. Everyone ate it, no one loved it.
Dec 25, 2011
I would use less lemon slices and it says to cook uncovered but I would cover it.