Chicken with Lemon Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine 4 tablespoons flour, cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In another shallow bowl, beat the eggs. Coat chicken with flour, then dip into egg mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon butter and oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining, salt and pepper; stir in broth until smooth. Add apple juice to the skillet, stirring to loosen any browned bits. Stir broth mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in lemon juice; cook for 1 minute. Add parsley and remaining butter; cook and stir until butter is melted. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 542 calories, 30g fat (12g saturated fat), 329mg cholesterol, 1670mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 42g protein.
Mar 28, 2014
Outstanding , this was so easy and the taste was awesome a must make
May 13, 2013
This was delicious and I would serve it as a company dinner. I made noodles as a side dish and topped them with some of the sauce.
Nov 8, 2012
Highly considering making this for Thanksgiving since it'll be just the two of us. Have made this many times and IMO is excellent!!!! Deserves **10** stars.
Oct 30, 2011
Highly recommend! A new favorite!
Jan 5, 2010
I thought this took a LOT more than 20 min to make (maybe because I did more than 2 chicken breast?) And I had a big mess. It was ok but not worth the work.