Lemony Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
This one-dish meal tastes like it needs hours of hands-on time to put together, but it's just minutes to prep the simple ingredients. The meat juices cook the veggies to perfection. So easy. —Sherri Melotik Oak Creek, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes (about 5 medium), cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium lemon, halved and sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 4 chicken drumsticks (about 1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach (about 5 ounces)
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place potatoes, onion and sliced lemon in a large bowl; toss with 2 tablespoons oil, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon each salt, rosemary and pepper. Spread evenly in a greased roasting pan. Roast on an upper oven rack 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss chicken with paprika and the remaining salt, rosemary and pepper. In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken in batches.
- Place chicken over potato mixture. Roast until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170° and potatoes are tender, 15-20 minutes. Remove chicken from pan. Immediately add spinach to vegetables, stirring to wilt slightly. Serve with chicken and, if desired, lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 589 calories, 31g fat (7g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 898mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 42g protein.
May 30, 2019
I'm going to make this tonight. I'm going to add some unpeeled carrot chunks and add some onion powder and garlic powder to the seasonings as well as some Italian seasonings.