Roasted Chicken with Potato Wedges
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 large potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°. Cut each potato lengthwise into 12 wedges; toss with oil and steak seasoning. Arrange in a single layer in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast on a lower oven rack 30-35 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, turning occasionally.
- Place chicken in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; add to chicken and toss to coat. Transfer to a rack in a broiler pan, skin side up. Place on an oven rack above potatoes; roast 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175°. Serve with potato wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 thigh and 1 drumstick (skin removed) with 6 potato wedges: 447 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 596mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 4g fiber), 41g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 fat.
Sep 8, 2019
Made this for dinner tonight and it was delicious. I added some small whole okra and I cooked it all in the same pan. Everything had flavor and the skin on the chicken and the potatoes had a crispy coating Definitely a keeper!
Jun 26, 2017
Liked the crispness of the potatoes and chicken in this recipe. The seasoning blend was great too! We put the potatoes and chicken together so they would get done around the same time. Very good!
Aug 4, 2016
Seasoning was good on the potatoes but the potatoes get done a LOT faster than the chicken.