Skillet Beef and Potatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes (about 5 medium), halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons garlic pepper blend
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- Place potatoes, water and salt in a microwave-safe dish; microwave, covered, on high until potatoes are tender, 7-9 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, toss beef with onion, 2 tablespoons oil and pepper blend. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the beef mixture; cook and stir until beef is browned, 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan; repeat with remaining beef mixture.
- In a clean skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes; cook potatoes until lightly browned, 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally. Stir in beef mixture; heat through. Sprinkle with rosemary.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 320 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 487mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 21, 2018
Easy and tasty! Loved the simple ingredients and fresh taste.
Oct 25, 2017
This was easy to prepare and very good. We liked the flavors. Definitely a keeper.
Oct 13, 2017
So easy and taste sooo good! We eat this on cool autume evenings.
Oct 12, 2017
..this looks like a good recipe. I agree that a simple brown gravy with a few mushrooms would make this a recipe to put in the rotation
Jul 31, 2014
I made this but added mushroom gravy was very delicious. Also added some mushrooms ,will cook it again
Mar 24, 2014
Quick and easy to make. Flavor was ok (wife loved it!) but we both agreed that there needed to be a sauce or gravy of some sort--dish was too dry as is.
Mar 23, 2014
it was good but I did have to add salt to the garlic pepper blend for a little more flavor. It was super easy to make too.
Apr 13, 2010