Skillet Beef Stew
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables for stew
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut steak into 2-in. x 1/4-in. strips. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain if necessary. Stir in remaining the ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 314 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 642mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Sep 29, 2014
Easy fall recipe.
Jun 18, 2013
I made a couple of changes to the recipe. I cubed the meat and coated it with some seasoned flour before I cooked it. My kids absolutely loved it and said it was definately a keeper in the recipe box.
Dec 11, 2010
I substituted the frozen vegetables with some diced carrots and potatoes and simmered for thirty-five minutes, but only because some people in the family are fussy about their veggies. Everyone loved it and what was leftover tasted even better the next day.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.