Skillet Beef Stew
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables for stew
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut steak into 2x1/4-in. strips. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain if necessary. Stir in remaining the ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 314 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 642mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 29, 2014
Easy fall recipe.
Jun 18, 2013
I made a couple of changes to the recipe. I cubed the meat and coated it with some seasoned flour before I cooked it. My kids absolutely loved it and said it was definately a keeper in the recipe box.
Dec 11, 2010
I substituted the frozen vegetables with some diced carrots and potatoes and simmered for thirty-five minutes, but only because some people in the family are fussy about their veggies. Everyone loved it and what was leftover tasted even better the next day.