Kielbasa Skillet Stew
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 5 bacon strips
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, undrained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a 12-in. skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towel to drain. Cook sausage and onions in drippings over medium heat until onion is tender; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Crumble bacon; sprinkle over stew.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 269 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 993mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 30, 2018
Thought it was just okay. Not something I would go out of my way to make. Might be better if you are a bigger fan of beans.
Dec 11, 2011
try to make with non-canned beans....too salty...possibly 1 can of tomato sauce
Mar 14, 2011
I have been making this since it was first it the magazine, it is very good, esp. on a cold winter's day. A favorite of the men in my family!
May 4, 2010
This was just O.K. It didn't wow me. One thing the ingredients make it pretty nutritious. Yes, I would say it is comfort food. Would I make it again, of course...
Jul 27, 2009
yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this was Delicious