Kielbasa Skillet Stew
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 5 bacon strips
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Polish Kielbasa Sausage Rope, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, undrained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a 12-in. skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towel to drain. Cook sausage and onions in drippings over medium heat until onion is tender; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Crumble bacon; sprinkle over stew.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 269 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 993mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein.
Dec 11, 2011
try to make with non-canned beans....too salty...possibly 1 can of tomato sauce
Mar 14, 2011
I have been making this since it was first it the magazine, it is very good, esp. on a cold winter's day. A favorite of the men in my family!
May 4, 2010
This was just O.K. It didn't wow me. One thing the ingredients make it pretty nutritious. Yes, I would say it is comfort food. Would I make it again, of course...
Jul 27, 2009
yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this was Delicious
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.