Beef Skillet Supper
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked medium egg noodles (about 4 cups)
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook and crumble beef with onion over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes. Stir in salt, pepper, tomato sauce and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
- Stir in corn and noodles; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese; let stand, covered, until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 368 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 548mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Apr 25, 2018
Great dish! I added a green pepper, garlic and a taco packet. I also wanted to turn it into 2 make-ahead casseroles for my husband and I. So I used the entire bag of noodles, and rather than 8 ounces of tomato sauce, I added 2 - 14 1/2 ounce cans of fire roasted tomatoes.
Mar 14, 2012
very quick and easy to prepare, tastes just as good re-heated next day.
Jun 22, 2011
This recipe seemed a bit bland when I read it. I added 1 tsp worchestershire sauce, some crushed red pepper flakes, 1 clove minced garlic, and a dash of garlic powder. I also cooked frozen corn in the microwave and added it, instead of using canned mexicorn. I topped it with Kraft Tex Mex cheese. It turned out delicious. I will definitely make this again with these modifications. Great recipe!
Jul 24, 2010
I MADE THIS RECIPE FOR MY SUPER PICKY HUSBAND AND HE LOVED IT ONLY THING I DID ALITTLE DIFFERENT WAS I USED A SPECIAL BLEND OF MEXICAN CHEESES INSTEAD OF THE CHEDDAR ALONE
Feb 25, 2010
i agree , i added some garlic and some italian seasoning and added fresh mushrooms instead of corn and used motz cheese because i had it on hand. was pretty good. served with garlic knots
Oct 13, 2009
Needs some flavor. Rather bland. Will make again and add additional spices.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.