Spanish Noodles and Ground Beef
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef with green pepper and onion over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes. Stir in all remaining ingredients except bacon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until noodles are tender, 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Top with bacon.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 371 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 887mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 15, 2018
This was a nice warm meal on a snowy day. I usually have all of the ingredients on hand so on a rushed day I will come back to this recipe but to my family, this tasted like a better-for-you Hamburger Helper. Which isn't a bad thing, I guess I was just expecting more.
Dec 22, 2015
It was okay. Not bad, but also not a hit with my family.
Jul 25, 2014
Have made this several times and my husband and I both enjoy this casserole. It's fast, easy and delicious! We don't normally add the crumbled bacon unless we have leftovers from breakfast and don't miss it as the flavor is excellent without. Thank you, Kelli, for sharing your wonderful recipe.
Jul 4, 2012
Nice casserole dish, and great taste. Will definitely be making this again.