Tender Beef and Noodles
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 1-3/4 hours
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 to 2-1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook beef and onions in butter until the meat is browned. Add the next nine ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Serve with noodles.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 425 calories, 27g fat (14g saturated fat), 140mg cholesterol, 727mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 12, 2015
Have beef bones and this will give another recipe to use them with. Thanks so much. I too am on a farm......
Sep 17, 2014
Thankful there's takeout!! This was terrible :(
Oct 23, 2013
Just discovered this recipe today, October 23. Looks very easy. Have a chuck roast in freezerto use, and this sounds perfect! Thank You.
Oct 18, 2013
Tastes like the famous Carmen's Italian vodka sauce, unbelievable that it was so easy! Sharing with friends! Thank you!
Oct 17, 2013
Good. I doubled the 9 ingredients to have more sauce. Need to use less salt. Left out the caraway seeds b/c my family doesn't like them. Forgot the sour cream, but it was good without it (added it in late and it was still good).
Jan 19, 2013
Tasty dish but I would cut back on the caraway seed. Other than that it is delicious
Sep 5, 2012
I added roast corn and carrots cooked with roast in slow cooker. Very good
Feb 10, 2012
My family loved this recipe. I would make over and over again!
Oct 11, 2011
I love a good beef and egg noodles recipe. The flavor was good. The only thing I would do is cut back on the salt the next time I make it.
Aug 19, 2010
This is a little different than anything usually on our menu, but we truly enjoyed it! Very flavorful and easy to prepare!