Beef with Ramen Noodles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth, divided
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 package (3 ounces) beef ramen noodles
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole baby corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 2 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons broth until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet, stir-fry beef in oil. Add soy sauce; cook for 3-4 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Remove beef and keep warm.
- Set aside seasoning packets from noodles. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Add the corn, broccoli, red pepper, carrot, onions and remaining broth to the skillet. Sprinkle with contents of reserved seasoning packets. Cook for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir reserved cornstarch mixture and add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add reserved beef and noodles to skillet; heat through. Garnish with peanuts.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 592 calories, 29g fat (9g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 2130mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 8g fiber), 36g protein.
Sep 21, 2014
This came together quickly but required quite a bit of attention. I served it with a fried egg on top and left out the peanuts. I don't have any leftovers, even with picky eaters.
Dec 6, 2013
One of my "go to" recipes!
Nov 6, 2013
Very easy to prepare. Even my picky 8 year old daughter loved it.
Feb 23, 2012
This was good. I used pork cutlets in it instead of the beef. It came out tasty.
Aug 11, 2009
I really liked this recipe, but recommend that you eat as much as you can during the meal because the leftovers don't keep well.
Dec 26, 2008
this is also great with hamburger meat and ginger!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.