Hearty Beef and Noodles
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup brewed coffee
- 2 envelopes brown gravy mix
- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, brown beef in oil on all sides; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Return beef to the pan; stir in the soup, water, cream, coffee and gravy mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. Add the sour cream, paprika and pepper to skillet; heat through. Drain noodles. Serve with beef.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 498 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 1168mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 21, 2016
I made this on 6/20/16. A couple of changes were made to the recipe,and the changes are as follows. Instead of the beef, I used " Boneless Country Style Ribs " cut into strips. Then when it came to add the sour cream only 1/3 cup was used. My SO said it would've been a five if I left out the sour cream. But I will make this again. :) Thanks for posting.
Jan 13, 2016
Family like it
Jan 14, 2015
Very easy and very yummy!!!
Dec 11, 2014
I just made this for dinner. It had a good taste but was really thick. What did I do wrong?
Jun 14, 2014
This is good!! And it smells heavenly while simmering. I followed the recipe exact, other than tossing the beef with kosher salt and pepper. Tasty!!!
May 20, 2009
I am going to try this recipe tonight. I am doing weight watchers and would like a makeover of this recipe with low fat sour cream and fat free half and half. Can anyone help??