Hearty Beef and Noodles
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup brewed coffee
- 2 envelopes brown gravy mix
- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, brown beef in oil on all sides; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Return beef to the pan; stir in the soup, water, cream, coffee and gravy mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. Add the sour cream, paprika and pepper to skillet; heat through. Drain noodles. Serve with beef.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 498 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 1168mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Jun 21, 2016
I made this on 6/20/16. A couple of changes were made to the recipe,and the changes are as follows. Instead of the beef, I used " Boneless Country Style Ribs " cut into strips. Then when it came to add the sour cream only 1/3 cup was used. My SO said it would've been a five if I left out the sour cream. But I will make this again. :) Thanks for posting.
Jan 13, 2016
Family like it
Jan 14, 2015
Very easy and very yummy!!!
Dec 11, 2014
I just made this for dinner. It had a good taste but was really thick. What did I do wrong?
Jun 14, 2014
This is good!! And it smells heavenly while simmering. I followed the recipe exact, other than tossing the beef with kosher salt and pepper. Tasty!!!
May 20, 2009
I am going to try this recipe tonight. I am doing weight watchers and would like a makeover of this recipe with low fat sour cream and fat free half and half. Can anyone help??