Quick Beef and Noodles
My family loves beef stroganoff, and this is my lightened version. Using the roast beef from the deli saves the hours spent cooking a beef roast. I serve this with a salad for a great, homestyle meal. —Pamela Shank, Parkersburg, West Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 6 ounces deli roast beef, cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream, optional
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook noodles according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add the broth, roast beef and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Drain noodles; stir into skillet. Top with sour cream if desired. Garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 375 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 778mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Originally published as Easy & Elegant Beef and Noodles in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.