Quick Beef and Noodles
Pamela Shank's family loves beef stroganoff, and the Parkersburg, West Virginia cook is sharing their lightened version. “Using the roast beef from the deli saves the hours spent cooking a beef roast. I serve this with a salad for a great, home-style meal.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 6 ounces deli roast beef, cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream, optional
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook noodles according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add the broth, roast beef and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Drain noodles; stir into skillet. Top with sour cream if desired. Garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 375 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 778mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Originally published as Easy & Elegant Beef and Noodles in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.