Asian Beef and Noodles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) Oriental ramen noodles, crumbled
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the contents of one ramen noodle flavoring packet; stir until dissolved. Remove beef and set aside.
- In the same skillet, combine the water, vegetables, ginger, noodles and contents of remaining flavoring packet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Return beef to the pan and heat through. Stir in onion.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 383 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 546mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 22, 2019
Very simple to make. Needs more seasoning.
Mar 13, 2019
Recipe was super easy. A see a couple reviews state that the recipe was bland. As a rule, I never cook ground beef without any seasoning. In this case, I had cooked the ground beef the night before unsure of what I would do with it so it was seasoned with my standard beef seasoning - salt, pepper, garlic
Jan 22, 2019
One good thing, it was easy to make. Absolutely no flavor until I added garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, soy sauce and more ginger. It would have been better with teriyaki sauce instead of soy sauce. No way those two little seasoning packets give enough flavor.
May 29, 2018
3 stars for taste, 5 stars for ease of making. I would agree that it needed a little more spice. Maybe fresh ginger instead of ground and a little low sodium soy sauce. I would use 3 cups of the veggie mix instead of two. I would make again but use more ginger and the soy sauce.
Apr 9, 2018
Even using all beef stock and soy sauce didn't help this dish. Sorry, it looked like a winner but the flavor wasn't there.
Mar 31, 2018
Very bland. Also, cook the veggies separate since they don't cook as fast as the noodles do.
Feb 16, 2018
Super quick dish that most kiddos will enjoy. I did find bland, but as other mentioned can add seasonings to taste. Great weeknight meal idea. Can adapt frozen veggies to suit taste.
Feb 4, 2018
Good enough for a quick fix. It is very bland.
Jan 20, 2018
I used ground chuck, then drained the browned meat before adding the other ingredients. Even my picky wife liked it.
Nov 12, 2017
Great easy recipe!! Only change I made was I used beef roast sliced very thin marinaded in Korean BBQ sauce and stir fried instead of ground meat. Very good everyone loved including my Korean Daughter-in-law.