Asian Beef and Noodles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) Oriental ramen noodles, crumbled
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the contents of one ramen noodle flavoring packet; stir until dissolved. Remove beef and set aside.
- In the same skillet, combine the water, vegetables, ginger, noodles and contents of remaining flavoring packet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Return beef to the pan and heat through. Stir in onion.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 377 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 624mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 29, 2018
3 stars for taste, 5 stars for ease of making. I would agree that it needed a little more spice. Maybe fresh ginger instead of ground and a little low sodium soy sauce. I would use 3 cups of the veggie mix instead of two. I would make again but use more ginger and the soy sauce.
Apr 9, 2018
Even using all beef stock and soy sauce didn't help this dish. Sorry, it looked like a winner but the flavor wasn't there.
Mar 31, 2018
Very bland. Also, cook the veggies separate since they don't cook as fast as the noodles do.
Feb 16, 2018
Super quick dish that most kiddos will enjoy. I did find bland, but as other mentioned can add seasonings to taste. Great weeknight meal idea. Can adapt frozen veggies to suit taste.
Feb 4, 2018
Good enough for a quick fix. It is very bland.
Jan 20, 2018
I used ground chuck, then drained the browned meat before adding the other ingredients. Even my picky wife liked it.
Nov 12, 2017
Great easy recipe!! Only change I made was I used beef roast sliced very thin marinaded in Korean BBQ sauce and stir fried instead of ground meat. Very good everyone loved including my Korean Daughter-in-law.
Aug 24, 2017
Our whole family loves this recipe. We refer to it lovingly as Asian Hamburger Helper meal :)
Jun 11, 2017
Delicious! I loved this for dinner served with egg rolls on the side.
Apr 3, 2017
I added a egg over easy at the end much like a traditional soup that is served I believe in Japan or China but I'm pretty sure it's Japan. It is so very good this way and when the yolk breaks just adds another depth of flavor you wouldn't think you could get fro package ramen in fact you don't even get a a hint that it is it's that yummy!!!