Asian Noodle & Beef Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces thin rice noodles
- 1 cup julienned zucchini
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- For dressing, mix first six ingredients. Sprinkle steak with pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°), 6-8 minutes per side. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice noodles according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain again. In a large bowl, combine noodles, vegetables and steak; toss with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 399 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 855mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Jan 6, 2020
This was delicious! We had it a couple of nights ago and my husband raved about it. We weren't able to find a suitable zucchini, so we added bean sprouts and sliced cucumbers. I think most any raw veg would be good in this. The dressing is a definite keeper and I'll be using it in other dishes. The creator of this dish knows how to put together a wonderful Asian taste.