Ramen Noodle Salad
With added crunch from ramen noodles and sunflower seeds, plus a sweet, glossy dressing, this lively salad is a definite crowd-pleaser! —Beverly Sprague, Baltimore, Maryland
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ramen noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bunch romaine, torn (7 cups)
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets (4 cups)
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- Whisk together first five ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- Discard seasoning packet from noodles or save for another use. Break noodles into small pieces. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add noodles; saute until golden brown.
- Combine romaine, broccoli, onions, sunflower kernels and noodles. Just before serving, whisk dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 189 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 144mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Ramen Noodle Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.