Ramen Noodle Salad
With added crunch from ramen noodles and sunflower seeds, plus a sweet, glossy dressing, this lively salad is a definite crowd-pleaser! —Beverly Sprague, Baltimore, Maryland
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ramen noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bunch romaine, torn (7 cups)
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets (4 cups)
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- Whisk together first 5 ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- Discard seasoning packet from noodles or save for another use. Break noodles into small pieces. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add noodles; saute until golden brown.
- Combine romaine, broccoli, onions, sunflower kernels and noodles. Just before serving, whisk dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat.