Ramen Noodle Cranberry Coleslaw
The deep red of the cranberries and red cabbage makes this a perfect fit for a Christmas spread. Adults and children love this dish, and I’m often asked to bring it to potlucks and other big dinners. Refrigerate any leftovers—it’ll still taste great for a day or two, if you can keep people out of it that long! —Cornelia Cree, Waynesville, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 cup peanut or canola oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 head Chinese or napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 small head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup salted peanuts or sunflower kernels
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- Whisk together oil, sugar and vinegar until smooth. In a very large bowl, combine cabbages, red onion and cranberries. Pour 1 cup dressing over coleslaw; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining dressing.
- Drain coleslaw. Discard seasoning packet from noodles or save for another use. Break noodles into small pieces; add to coleslaw. Stir in peanuts and remaining dressing; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 154 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Christmas Cranberry Cole Slaw in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.