Ramen-Veggie Chicken Salad
Like a salad with plenty of crunch? Then this refreshing recipe is sure to please. Toasted noodles, almonds and sesame seeds provide the crunchy topping. The chicken makes it a main dish. —Linda Gearhart, Greensboro, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (6 ounces)
- 4 cups shredded Chinese or napa cabbage
- 1/2 large sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, oil, vinegar and soy sauce. Bring to a boil, cook and stir until sugar is dissolved, about 1 minute; set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, break noodles into small pieces (save seasoning packet for another use). In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add the noodles, almonds and sesame seeds; cook and stir until lightly toasted, 1-2 minutes.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat until a thermometer reads 170°, 4-6 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, arrange the cabbage, red pepper, onions and carrot on 2 serving plates. Slice chicken; place on salad. Top with noodle mixture; drizzle with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 865 calories, 53g fat (11g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 574mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 7g fiber), 29g protein.
Originally published as Napa Cabbage Salad in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.