Sesame Chicken Noodle Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat angel hair pasta
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat Asian toasted sesame salad dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, coleslaw mix, oranges, red pepper, snap peas and green onions; sprinkle with salt and toss to combine.
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water. Add pasta and dressing to chicken mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 519 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 631mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 10g fiber), 35g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 27, 2015
U vie used shrimp instead of chicken . Great dish, we have it three or four times a month.
Sep 10, 2013
Loved it. Served it with a side of steam buns.
Jul 28, 2013
The first time I made this recipe I made it exactly as instructed. It was good, but not excellent. It is a lower calorie and healthier than most noodle salad recipe. I made it a second time and used regular angel hair pasta and I coated my chicken with corn starch and then cooked it and tossed in some sesame cooking oil and honey to coat. I replaced the red peppers with green peppers and used regular sesame salad dressing and left off the peanuts. I added toasted sesame seeds. To me, this made the dish excellent.
Jul 19, 2013
Excellent salad! I've made several times, both with the chicken and without to serve as a side salad with grilled chicken. I use regular thin spaghetti and add extra shredded carrots for more color and extra crunch and I prefer to Blanche the snap peas. This is a new summer staple in my house.
Jun 21, 2013
This was just delicious. I am not a fan of whole wheat pasta so I used the regular kind and a bottled dressing. It made what I consider a huge amount and I think it would feed six. I will make this again for family or to take to a picnic.
Jun 13, 2013
I love this. I made my own spicy dressing. Next time I will put only 1/2 the amount of red pepper flakes in. I cut the recipe in half, this made 4 servings for our family. I didn't have peanuts, used cashews instead.
Jun 6, 2013
Outstanding!! Followed it exactly, put the rest of the bottle of dressing(I used toasted sesame, soy and ginger) on the table and drizzled over the top. Can't wait to make it again!! This will be going to a lot of picnics this summer. Thanks for sharing!