Grilled Asian Chicken Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Grill:10 min.
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta, broken
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 1/4 cup of marinade into a shallow dish, reserving remainder. Add chicken and turn to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Drain chicken; discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, on an oiled grill rack over medium heat (or broil 4 in. from heat) 5-7 minutes on each side, until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Combine remaining ingredients with reserved marinade. Cut chicken into 1-in. slices. Add pasta and chicken to vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 478 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 321mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.
Feb 25, 2019
Good thing my husband ate his before me, or he might not have gotten any! Super fantastic!
Jun 17, 2017
My husband and I loved this. It is a great meal on a hot summer day! I'm thinking about using wheat angel hair pasta next time.
May 31, 2017
I fixed this tonite & found it to be AMAZING!!!I did not have lime juice, only lemon juice & not quite enough of that! Used orange juice to make up the difference. Followed everything else, except only used half the yellow pepper & half the red pepper, because I am not a fan of bell peppers. I did not use the fresh parsley, as it does not add any flavor and I did not have any.Everything else was pretty much on task. It was absolutely delicious and I will definitely make it again! HUGE HIT for my husband & I!
Apr 6, 2017
Way too much lime. Lots of runny dressing at bottom of bowl. My family hated it.