Crunchy Asian Chicken Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 frozen breaded chicken tenders (about 8 ounces)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) hearts of romaine salad mix
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup crispy chow mein noodles
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Cook chicken tenders according to package directions. Meanwhile, whisk together mayonnaise, honey, vinegar, mustard and sesame oil.
- To serve, place romaine and coleslaw mixes in a large bowl; toss with dressing. Divide among four plates. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces; place over salads. Sprinkle with noodles and almonds.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 419 calories, 25g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 602mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 7g fiber), 12g protein.
Oct 25, 2019
Was anxious to try this because this salad is one of my faves at Applebees. I picked up chicken strips already cooked from a local fast food place. I only made two salads and could have used a bit more dressing. This was really good and tasted just like the Applebees salad. Will be making this often.
Sep 29, 2018
Both husband and daughter loved this. I did add some chopped onion for taste. Will definitely be making this again and again.
Jul 27, 2017
This salad was absolutely delicious. I am a big fan of the one at Applebee's so I decided to make this one and it is just like the one at Applebee's. I served it to my husband who is not the biggest fan of salads and he loved it and said I should serve it to company. Now that's a testimony!