Chicken and Spinach Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat rotini
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 3 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Combine hummus, salad dressing, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add pasta; toss to coat. Stir in spinach, chicken, tomatoes and olives. Sprinkle with feta. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 263 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 7g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 30, 2018
I absolutely loved this recipe, however my fellas didn't. I will make this again, but I'll halve the recipe since it will be just me eating it. I thought it was great though. Would be wonderful for a potluck!
Jul 26, 2018
We thought this recipe was good! I used my homemade roasted red pepper hummus in the dressing and mixed it in with the pasta the night before. When I was ready to serve the salad, I simply stirred in a little more Italian dressing. A nice change of pace from mayonnaise-based dressings and something I'll make again!
Jul 26, 2018
I cut the recipe down to serve two and made composed salads instead of combining all in a large bowl. With the dressing "on the side" we were able to use what we wanted. The dressing is so delicious! Will definitely make this again.
Jul 13, 2018
Love this recipe - my family is not a hummus fan but i was able to sneak it into this and they all loved it - the feta makes it so special and they always love a pasta salad - this is a keeper