Chicken and Spinach Pasta Salad
My family loves pasta salads, but usually they have too much mayonnaise or oily dressing. Using hummus gives this dish a great taste and texture, while also increasing its nutritional profile. Adding chicken (store-bought rotisserie chicken works well), makes this pasta salad a complete meal. —Jenny Lynch, Rock Island, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat rotini
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 3 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Combine hummus, salad dressing, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add pasta; toss to coat. Stir in spinach, chicken, tomatoes and olives. Sprinkle with feta. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 263 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 7g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Originally published as Chicken and Hummus Pasta Salad in Simple & Delicious August/September 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.