Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 3/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In large bowl, combine the chicken, bacon, water chestnuts, celery and grapes; set aside. In another bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients; add to salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 316 calories, 21g fat (4g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 321mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Jun 21, 2017
We loved this delicious salad. I made a couple of changes thanks to some reviewers. I omitted the bacon and used pecans and golden raisins. I also used mayonnaise. It was delicious. This makes a nice salad or sandwich.Volunteer Field Editor
Aug 23, 2012
Our family loves this Chicken Salad however I have made a couple changes: I omit the bacon & add about a cup of craisins & pecans. Our favorite summer time salad.
Apr 13, 2012
Want to try
Nov 9, 2011
Our very favorite chicken salad recipe. I also made it for my daughters baby shower served with crosant rolls. The grapes are a pleasant surprise.
Jul 25, 2011
I make this at least once a month. My husband LOVES it! I really like it served on romaine and topped with a raspberry vinaigrette dressing.
Jul 14, 2011
Jun 3, 2011
The ingredients sound a little peculiar, but TRY this recipe. It is delightful. My children are grown and still call for the recipe!
Oct 5, 2010
My husband was skeptical at first because of all the ingredients but we both loved it the minute we tasted it!
Sep 22, 2010
I really wanted to like this...I'm sorry. It wasn't that great-there was just too much going on and not as much flavor as I would have liked.
Jun 13, 2010
I tried it & had high hopes but it just didn't taste as good as I had hoped.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.